Portland Waterfront, circa 1940

The southeast Portland waterfront between the Ross Island and Hawthorne Bridges, circa 1940. Notice the huge piles of sawdust and the power plant that burned it south of the Hawthorne. The site is now occupied by OMSI.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2010-001.169

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2010-001.169

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

SW 1st Avenue, circa 1969

Velte’s Home Furnishing on the corner of SW 1st Avenue and SW Ash Street, circa 1969.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, Velte’s Home Furnishing on the corner of SW 1st Avenue and SW Ash Street, A2011-028, circa 1969.

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, Velte’s Home Furnishing on the corner of SW 1st Avenue and SW Ash Street, A2011-028, circa 1969.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

N Interstate Avenue, 1950

A truck towing a Council Crest streetcar at N Interstate Avenue and N Portland Boulevard, 1950. Portland Avenue later became Rosa Parks Way.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.708

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.708

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.