Hollywood Sound Co. Radio Car, 1939

Hollywood Sound Co. Radio car with the Sunshine Division Annual Drive sign and loud speakers, 1939. The car is near the Blue Jay Soap Co., which was located at 201 NE Russell Street according to the 1939 Polk Directory.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2002-009.376

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2002-009.376

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Portland Traction Company, circa 1902

A group picture of the “Woodlawn Division Streetcar Boys,” who were employees of the Portland Traction Company, circa 1902.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.11110

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.11110

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

The Bates Motoramp Garage,1929

The Bates Motoramp Garage,1929. The garage was located at 386 Taylor Street according to the 1929 Polk Directory. After the street renumbering it became 914 SW Taylor Street.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2001-062.104

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2001-062.104

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

NE Columbia Boulevard, 1931

Maas Old Style Sausage Company located at 303 Columbia Boulevard, 1931. After the renumbering it became 81 NE Columbia Boulevard.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.10525

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.10525

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Olson’s Butcher Shop, circa 1915

Olson’s Butcher Shop. Believed to be Bernard Olson behind the counter with an unknown man in the foreground, circa 1915. A clipping on the back of the photo indicates that the Olson family had a shop in Montavilla, and were “prominent for many years in the meat industry in Portland.”

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.6808

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.6808

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.