The intersection of West Burnside, 10th Avenue and SW Oak street seems to be one of those places that we keep coming back to. The names and details have changed since 1939 but the basic components remain pretty much the same.
Except for the Ambassador Apartment Building in the distant center, it’s hard to identify this as Portland. A half-block parking lot now covers the ground on our immediate right, while the Gus J. Solomon United States Courthouse is just out of view beyond that. Everything on the left is replaced by shiny high-rises.