Cotillion Hall, 1917

Cotillion Hall, on the southeast corner of West Burnside and 14th Avenue, has been the home to many forms of music since its 1914 opening. It’s better known today as the Crystal Ballroom, with Ringlers Pub, named for original owner Montrose Ringler, now replacing the garage on the ground floor. The exterior is virtually unchanged in almost a century.

A2000-003.40 survey 27 crystal ballroom 1917(City of Portland Archives)