Engine 3 Crew, c1913

The Engine 3 crew displays fine looking equipment and horses in front of their fire station circa 1913. Engine Co. 3 was then at 510 Washington Street, which is now the south side of Washington between 15th and 16th.

Station 3 Crew & horse drawn apparatus c1913(City of Portland Archives)

SW 12th & Morrison, 1910

A large crowd gathers to see the Portland Fire Bureau responding to a call at SW 12th & Morrison in 1910. That’s quite a well-dressed crowd; could this be Easter Sunday? The First Presbyterian Church can be seen in the background at right.

(City of Portland Archives)