SW 5th Ave, 1949

This stretch of SW 5th Avenue from Salmon Street toward Taylor has changed considerably over the years. The grandly columned Portland Garage is now the site of the Standard Insurance Center. The building partially visible to our immediate left still stands, built in 1927 and since remodeled. The Greyhound Bus Depot across Taylor is a distant memory.

(City of Portland Archives)