SW Sheridan & 4th, 1959

The Roma Importing Co. and Delicatessen at SW Sheridan and 4th Avenue was probably a South Portland neighborhood mainstay back in its day. It would soon be demolished as part of the South Auditorium Urban Renewal Area project of the early 1960s. This view is east on Sheridan. The same building and intersection can be seen in this aerial view from 1934.

(City of Portland Archives)