Rucker’s Coffee Cup, 1950s

Rucker’s Coffee Cup was a well-known landmark on the southwest corner of SW Broadway at Stark Street in the 1950s. Here we see two photos showing its location directly across Broadway from the Imperial Hotel (now Hotel Lucia) and across Stark from the Oregon Hotel and the Benson Hotel. The Oregon Hotel came down in 1959 to make way for an extension of the Benson. Thanks to VP fan Meredith Kreifels for sending these photos.

(Meredith Kreifels)

(Meredith Kreifels)