SW 2nd Avenue, 1958

This stretch of SW 2nd Avenue, where it crosses SW Taylor, was dominated by parking lots in 1958. World Trade Center Building 1 would rise on this lot on the immediate right. The Strowbridge Building can be seen in the right distance on SW Yamhill Street.

(City of Portland Archives)

Produce Row, 1940

Things didn’t look much different along SE Alder St between 3rd and Union Avenues in 1940 than they do now. Part of the street is still paved with cobblestones. The building on the immediate left would become Corno’s Market, then be torn down in 2006.

(City of Portland Archives)