Columbia Building, 1913

The Columbia Building once stood on the northeast corner of SW Washington Street and 9th Avenue. This photo looks east, and construction in the foreground is the Pittock Block across SW 9th Street to the west. According to the University of Oregon Libraries; “The Columbia Building was originally five stories and an additional two stories were added soon after construction. The building was demolished in 1972 to make way for O’Bryant Square which now occupies the site. Columbia Building was built for E. J. Blazier who operated Blazier Brothers Saloon, Burnside Street.”

(University of Oregon Libraries)