SW Broadway & Columbia, 1950

There was a recent discussion about when Portland adopted a one-way grid downtown. Poncho gave the date of 1950 which is borne out by this photo showing new traffic control devices looking south on SW Broadway at Columbia. The one-way conversion had not been made south of this point. The Hungerford Hotel is now the Regency Apartments, and the Standard gas station only recently met it’s demise; it’s now an empty lot.

(City of Portland Archives)