Montgomery Ward Building, circa 1950

Aerial of the Northwest District and the Montgomery Ward building, circa 1950.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, Aerial of the Northwest District and the Montgomery Ward building, A2007-002, 1950.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Northwest District and Northwest Industrial Aerial, 1971

An aerial of the Northwest District and Northwest Industrial neighborhoods, including a view of the Montgomery Ward building, 1971. The corner of NW 29th Avenue and NW Upshur Street is visible in the bottom left corner of the image.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-015.164.

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-015.164.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Guilds Lake War Housing, circa 1946

Aerial photograph of the southern section of the Guilds Lake war housing project with views of the Montgomery Ward Building and Vaughn Street Ballpark in the background, circa 1946.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2001-025.216

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2001-025.216

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

NW 27th & Wilson, 1980

The area west of NW 27th 26th Avenue on Wilson Street looks only slightly less industrial today with the addition of some street side trees. Montgomery Ward is now Montgomery Park and much of the old American Can complex on the right has been converted to a parking garage. Long-disused railroad tracks still run down the street, a chain-link fence still borders the sidewalk and it looks like the same old classic railroad crossing sign is still in the same spot.

(University of Oregon Libraries)

NW 22nd & Vaughn, c1951

The houses on the northeast corner of NW 22nd and Vaughn are long gone; this corner is now the Vaughn Street exit from Highway 30. The building in the background labeled “Montgomery Ward Warehouse & Garage” is now the MotoCorsa motorcycle shop.

(City of Portland Archives)