Portland Public Market Demolition, 1969

The 1933 Portland Public Market building was demolished in 1969 to make way for an extension of SW Harbor Drive. This view is south from the end of Morrison Street;  the building stretched three blocks, ending where Salmon Street Springs is now.  Not too many years later Harbor Drive itself was removed for Tom McCall Waterfront Park.

(City of Portland Archives)