This precarious looking discharge elevator was built to raise the dirt excavated for the 1928 intercepting sewer project along Front Avenue. The Portland Provision Co. was in the Portland Seed Co. building on the northwest corner of SW Front and Alder Street. The two-story buildings at center-right are the Wasserman & Weil buildings.
This should be a familiar sight to anyone who’s passed by the intersection of SE Foster Rd. and 50th Avenue. The cars and businesses have changed but the buildings remain the same. All three buildings in this 1937 photo still remain.