NW St Helens Road & Bridge Ave, 1937

NW Bridge Avenue (right) angles off St. Helens Road on its way to meet the western approach of the St. Johns Bridge (behind us) in this 1937 image. That stone retaining wall is still there. The building on the far left (which is not the Linnton Portland Gas & Coke Company building) is no longer there. Google Maps shows a metal gate still closes off the wildly overgrown firelane seen on the far right.

(City of Portland Archives)