The Jacob Kamm residence located at SW 14th Avenue and SW Main Street, 1946. The description on the back of the image states, “’Adventure House’ is the new name that has been given to the pioneer Jacob Kamm residence on SW 14th avenue and Main street, and it seems an excellent name for its new role as a community recreation center. The house and its gardens have been lent to the park bureau temporarily for a play center by the school board, which has acquired the big tract of land as site for a new Lincoln High School. It is not expected the building project will get under way for several years.”
It appears engineers used this circa 1938 aerial photo of the South Park Blocks area to pencil in a potential route for the Stadium Freeway. The area would grow into the PSU campus we know today. The 1911 Lincoln High School building, bottom-center between SW Broadway and Park, would be the college’s first building on campus.
This aerial view is of the Goose Hollow area in 1947. The view is to the northeast with SW Jefferson St. leading to and from Canyon Road winding under the Vista Avenue Viaduct and Multnomah Stadium in the upper left.