SW Park Avenue, circa 1920

Lincoln High School from the corner of SW Park Avenue and SW Mill Street, circa 1920. The building now serves as Lincoln Hall on the Portland State University campus.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2004-002.2493.

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2004-002.2493.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Portland State Campus, 1959

The campus at Portland State College (now University) has undergone many changes over the decades. Vehicular traffic was still allowed on SW Park, now a pedestrian mall. Many buildings have either been replaced or drastically transformed; the Smith Memorial Student Union is now twice as tall as it was in 1959. This view looks north on SW Park from Harrison.

(City of Portland Archives)