Public Library, c1902

Before the Library Association of Portland opened their new Central Library on SW 10th in 1913, the library was in this building on SW Stark between Broadway and Park Ave. This circa 1902 view looks southwest at Stark and Broadway. In later years the Liberty Theater would be on this site but the Bank of California occupies this block now.

(City of Portland Archives)