In previous post we saw a wonderful map, an illustration, and a beautiful hand tinted photograph of the Lewis and Clark Exposition. Today we are looking at a photograph from the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition Esplanade taken in 1905. The Exposition was located in the Northwest Portland/Guild’s Lake area.
Lewis and Clark Exposition Esplanade 1905 : A2004-002.1001
The immense Forestry Building is shown in 1905 during the Lewis & Clark Centennial Exposition, for which it was built. This view is likely due west; stand at the driveway to Old Forestry Commons on NW Upshur Street to be in roughly the same spot today.
Official ground plan of the 1905 Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition in the Northwest Portland/Guild’s Lake area. Guild’s Lake was completely filled in by the 1920s and very little remains of the exposition itself. Very cool map, lots of detail, very informative.