Completed in 1872, this image shows the Jacob Kamm residence at its original location on SW 14th Avenue and SW Main Street, 1892. The structure was moved to make way for the construction of Lincoln High School and is now located at 1425 SW 20th Avenue.
City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.3180
View this image in Efiles by clicking here.
The Jacob Kamm house is shown here on its move from its original site near SW 14th and Salmon, to where it now rests on SW 20th Avenue. This view is west on Salmon Street. The Zion Lutheran Church can be seen in the distance on the right, and the cluster of homes on the left of the image is still intact along SW Madison at 18th. This is another great photo sent by Bud Holland.