Henry W. Corbett House, 1910

When Oregon pioneer Henry W. Corbett build his 1874 home on the block bounded by SW 5th and 6th Avenues, Yamhill and Taylor streets, he was far from the business center of Portland, then in the 1st and Pine area. The city center moved progressively southwest; in the mid-1930s his home was demolished to make way for the Greyhound bus depot. This view looks west from 5th with the old YMCA building in the background across 6th Avenue.

(University of Oregon Libraries)