NW Lovejoy & 14th, 1952

Once upon a time NW Lovejoy Street was elevated, from NW 14th Avenue to the Broadway Bridge. This view looks east at 14th where the ramp took drivers over the (now gone) railroad tracks. That overhead portion was removed in the late 1990s and now the ramp to the bridge begins at 9th Avenue.

(City of Portland Archives)