These two little homes, at 3223 and 3225 SE Belmont, suffered much abuse before they were photographed in 1944. In the long run, they didn’t survive at all.
The 1886 Abington Building was Portland’s first five-story building. Located on the east side of SW Third between Stark and Washington Streets, the Abington was flanked on the north by the Mckay building, and the Council Building on the south. It was demolished in 1967.