A large crowd gathers to see the Portland Fire Bureau responding to a call at SW 12th & Morrison in 1910. That’s quite a well-dressed crowd; could this be Easter Sunday? The First Presbyterian Church can be seen in the background at right.
Engine 15 still operates out of the 1927-built Station 15 at 1920 SW Spring Street in Portland Heights. The present day engine is considerably newer than this 1920s American LaFrance pictured outside the fire station circa 1948. The driver is identified as Carl Christensen.