Municipal Auditorium , 1966

City officials at the Municipal Auditorium marking the beginning of the renovation of what would become the Civic Auditorium [Keller Auditorium], July 14, 1966. The officials include Frank Ivancie, Ormond R Bean, and Mark A. Grayson.

 

City Council at the Auditorium, July 14, 1966: A2012-005

City Council at the Auditorium, July 14, 1966: A2012-005

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

 

SW 1st & Lincoln, 1963

Virtually unrecognizable as we know it today was the intersection of SW 1st and Lincoln Street, looking north, in 1963. The South Auditorium Urban Renewal area had been completely cleared and streets were being rebuilt and repaved here. The pre-remodeled auditorium can be seen in the distance. The intersection can be seen in this aerial view of the area from 1935 (pre-urban renewal), just below photo center. Light rail will be coming through this intersection in the future.

(City of Portland Archives)