This 1907 fire station at 1920 SW Spring Street was replaced in 1927 by the fire station that is at that address today. The neighboring house is still there too.
Fire Station 9 is now known as the Historic Belmont Firehouse and still stands at the corner of SE 35th and Belmont. Station 9 was nearly new at the time of this photo; many of Portland’s existing historic firehouses are dated circa 1912. The building is now the home of the Safety Learning Center and Fire Museum and the Jeff Morris Foundation.
Fire Station 2 sits amid what appears to be road construction debris along NW 3rd Avenue in 1948. A 1918 American LaFrance engine is parked outside. Fire Station 2, built in 1913, can still be found at NW 3rd and Glisan. It’s empty and boarded up, but still looks to be in decent condition.