Northwest District and Northwest Industrial Aerial, 1971

An aerial of the Northwest District and Northwest Industrial neighborhoods, including a view of the Montgomery Ward building, 1971. The corner of NW 29th Avenue and NW Upshur Street is visible in the bottom left corner of the image.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-015.164.

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-015.164.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

NW 26th & Upshur, c1951

The Fairmount Hotel opened in 1905 for the Lewis & Clark Centennial Exposition. By the time of this photo circa 1951 it was known as the Leonard Apartments. It’s still on NW 26th Avenue between Upshur and Vaughn Streets and is known as the Historic Fairmount Apartments.

A2001-025.83 NW 26th and Upshur north c1951(City of Portland Archives)