Quite a while ago we featured a photo of this Hill Military Academy building from 1943 as it was being readied for demolition. This photo shows it circa 1901 as a brand new building at 2451 NW Marshall St. The area was a far cry from today’s densely populated neighborhood.
Category Archives: Marshall Street
NW 23rd & Marshall, 1910
Hill Military Academy, 1943
Joseph Wood Hill built the four story Hill Military Academy on NW Marshall Street in 1900. In the 1930s, the academy constructed 13 concrete buildings on the north side of Rocky Butte (the military-style buildings can still be seen on the City Bible Church campus). The structure on NW Marshall was finally condemned as a nuisance in 1943 and demolished. The Marshall Street Professional Building and a parking lot replaced the academy.