Jacob Kamm Residence, 1946

The Jacob Kamm residence located at SW 14th Avenue and SW Main Street, 1946. The description on the back of the image states, “’Adventure House’ is the new name that has been given to the pioneer Jacob Kamm residence on SW 14th avenue and Main street, and it seems an excellent name for its new role as a community recreation center. The house and its gardens have been lent to the park bureau temporarily for a play center by the school board, which has acquired the big tract of land as site for a new Lincoln High School. It is not expected the building project will get under way for several years.”

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2001-045.988.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

South Park Blocks, 1959

The South Park Blocks, SW Park Avenue between SW Madison Street and SW Main Street, 1959.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2001-045.967.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

SW 19th Avenue, 1966

SW 19th Avenue and SW Salmon Street, looking towards SW Main Street, 1966. You can see the houses on SW Main Street in a previous post by clicking here.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, CU 34-66 : SW 19th Ave. and SW Salmon St. looking towards SW Main St., A2011-013, 1966.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

St. Helen’s Hall, circa 1892

St. Helen’s Hall, circa 1892. According to the 1892 Polk Directory, St. Helen’s hall was located on St. Clair Avenue, between Park Place and Main Street.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2004-002.2540.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.