Union Station train depot, 1918.
Category Archives: Old Town/Chinatown
Blanchet House is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year! The photos below show lines for meals served at the Blanchet House. The first meal served to 200 men were beans, bread, butter, and coffee. Located near Union Station in Old Town Portland, Blanchet House served an unemployed and underemployed mostly male population of transient workers and immigrants. There is an exhibit of Blanchet House history at the Oregon Historical Society until June 5.
NW Broadway, 1934
NW Broadway at NW Flanders Street, 1934.
NW 3rd Avenue, 1948
NW 3rd Avenue and NW Hoyt Street, 1948.
NW 4th Avenue, 1969
NW 4th Avenue looking south from NW Davis Street, 1969.
NW Everett Street , 1971
NW Everett Street and NW 4th Avenue, 1971.
NW Flanders Street, 1971
The Portland Fish Company on NW Flanders Street, 1971.