St. Johns Bridge, 1950

Towing the Council Crest streetcar 503 across the St. Johns Bridge, 1950. According to PdxHistory.com, this streetcar was donated to a North Portland Boy Scout troop and was used as a clubhouse. Learn more about the Council Crest Cars by clicking here.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.710

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.710

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Memorial Coliseum Site, circa 1958

Here is another view of the Memorial Coliseum site before construction. We saw the same sight in a previous post from a different angle. Notice the housing along the waterfront that has not yet been demolished to make way for the coming Thunderbird Motel.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2014-003.934

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2014-003.934

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

N Interstate Avenue, 1958

The future site of the Memorial Coliseum in 1958. N Interstate Avenue and the east end of the Steel Bridge are visible as well.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2010-002.454

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2010-002.454

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.