NW Glisan Street, 1924

Construction on NW Glisan Street looking towards the Steel Bridge approach, 1924. Fire Station 2 is in the left portion of the image near the bottom of the off-ramp.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2009-009.357

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2009-009.357

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

St. Johns Bridge, 1950

Towing the Council Crest streetcar 503 across the St. Johns Bridge, 1950. According to PdxHistory.com, this streetcar was donated to a North Portland Boy Scout troop and was used as a clubhouse. Learn more about the Council Crest Cars by clicking here.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.710

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2011-007.710

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.