Today marks 100 years since the opening of the Interstate Bridge. Here is an image of the bridge from an Oregon and vicinity souvenir book, circa 1915. For more information on the bridge please click here.
The Elks Parade on the corner of SW 11th Avenue and SW Morrison Street, 1912.
The Woodlawn volunteer fire department, circa 1911.
Olson’s Butcher Shop. Believed to be Bernard Olson behind the counter with an unknown man in the foreground, circa 1915. A clipping on the back of the photo indicates that the Olson family had a shop in Montavilla, and were “prominent for many years in the meat industry in Portland.”
A rooftop view of SW Washington Street near SW 4th Avenue, looking east toward the Willamette River, circa 1914.
A funeral procession across the Morrison Bridge, circa 1910. The deceased was not identified.
Fire crew standing outside Station 20, 1913. The station was located at 1600 E 13th Street, which later became 8210 SE 13th Avenue.