Powers Portable Delicatessen

This photo comes from Vintage Portland follower, Mel Monsen.

The Powers Portable Delicatessen, owned by Dorothy (on the left) and Charles Powers (by the wheel). The Powers’ Restaurant was at what is now 2383 NW Thurman Street. Can anyone help us with the date on this image? There is no date is associated with the photo, but it was taken before the Portland street renumbering project in 1933.

 

Mel Monsen

SW 19th Avenue, 1966

SW 19th Avenue and SW Salmon Street, looking towards SW Main Street, 1966. You can see the houses on SW Main Street in a previous post by clicking here.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, CU 34-66 : SW 19th Ave. and SW Salmon St. looking towards SW Main St., A2011-013, 1966.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

N Killingsworth Street, circa 1942

N Killingsworth Street at N Missouri Avenue looking east, with Chickadee restaurant and Piedmont Cycle Shop in view, circa 1942.

 

City of Portland (OR) Archives, A2004-002.7289.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.