W.S. Cutler and Son Grocery, circa 1914

The interior of W.S. Cutler and Son Grocery, circa 1914. The two employees pictured here are Ross Everett and Jack Howard. The store was located at 1009 Union Avenue, which is now 4749 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.6801

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, A2004-002.6801

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

St. Johns North Precinct, 1976

Aerial view of St. Johns North Precinct and the east side of the St. Johns Bridge, 1976. This building was built as the City Hall for St. Johns and also housed the local volunteer fire department. St. Johns was annexed into Portland in 1915. The building then became home to the Police Bureau’s North Precinct and the Fire Bureau’s Engine Company 32.

 

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, Aerial view of St Johns North Precinct, 2012-005, 1976.

City of Portland Archives, Oregon, Aerial view of St Johns North Precinct, 2012-005, 1976.

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.