SW Harbor Drive, 1942

The men in this image are gathered for the opening of SW Harbor Drive, November 20, 1942. From left to right are Mayor Riley, Gus Bucholz, W.H. Lines, Herb Sichel, Commissioner Peterson, Henry Cabell, Robert Farrell, Philip H. Parrish, Mack. Second Row: Alec Aitken, Major Joseph K. Carson, Commissioner Kenneth L. Cooper, R.H. Baldock, and City Engineer Ben Morrow.

 

Opening of SW Harbor Drive, Nov. 20, 1942: A2010-019.110

Opening of SW Harbor Drive, Nov. 20, 1942: A2010-019.110

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

7 thoughts on “SW Harbor Drive, 1942

  1. John Hellmer was definitely kept busy in those days….and the bloke with the smoke looks like someone ‘ya’ just don’t wanna mess with!’

  2. It IS the streetcar at the Milwaukie museum. And, one of the hats is a PTC uniform cap with blue badge (worn by Gus Bucholz?). BTW, W.H. Lines was a traction company executive.

Comments are closed.