SE 48th Avenue, 1932

These men are digging trenches for sewer repairs on SE 48th Avenue, between Sherman and Lincoln streets. The photo, taken in 1932, is facing north towards Lincoln.

 

SE 48th between Sherman and Lincoln, April 15, 1932 : A2000-025.248

SE 48th between Sherman and Lincoln, April 15, 1932 : A2000-025.248

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

 

Laurelhurst Park, 1935

Depression-era work relief employees raking leaves as a part of the Laurelhurst Park Cleanup on November 26, 1935. For more information on the park, click here.

 

Laurelhurst Park Cleanup, Nov. 6, 1935 : A2000-025.1121

Laurelhurst Park Cleanup, Nov. 6, 1935 : A2000-025.1121

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Barde Dock, 1927

In this photograph of the Barde Dock, you see a crane used during the construction of the Front Avenue sewer (this project brought us the Harbor Wall). This image is looking north. Several businesses, including the Zidell-Steinberg Company, Butzer’s Seed Store, and W. P. Fuller & Company, are visible in the background.

 

Front Ave Sewer Barde Dock showing the crane used in the construction, May 17, 1927 : A1999-004.245

Front Ave Sewer Barde Dock showing the crane used in the construction, May 17, 1927 : A1999-004.245

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

P&G Pure Food Store, circa 1930

According to the 1930 Polk Directory, P&G Pure Food Store was located at 26 Shaver Street, which became 1324 N Shaver Street after the street renumbering in 1933.

 

 Interior of D&G Food Store  at 1324 N Shaver, circa 1930 : A2008-001.28

Interior of P&G Food Store at 1324 N Shaver, circa 1930 : A2008-001.28

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.

Sheldon’s Service Station, 1927

Sheldon’s Service Station was located on the corner of SE Clay and 12th Avenue. This photograph was taken looking east towards SE Ladd Avenue, 1927.

 

Sheldon's Service Station, 1927 : A2009-009.444

Sheldon’s Service Station, 1927 : A2009-009.444

 

View this image in Efiles by clicking here.