Portland built this incinerator facility on N. Columbia Blvd. in 1932. Air quality standards forced its closure in 1970 and the building became the Archives and Records Center for the City of Portland in the 1980s. The Archives and Records Center has since moved to a beautiful new climate-controlled facility on the Portland State University campus but this building still remains in North Portland. This site is now called Chimney Park although ironically, the chimney was removed in 1990. This view looks west with N. Columbia Blvd. on the right.