This building began life in 1911 as the Heilig Theater, originally staging live theater, and was converted to a movie house in 1929. It was named Mayfair Theater in the 1930s-40s and again renamed to Fox Theater in the 1950s. It had a quite impressive Art Deco ticket booth. The Music Box theater dates to 1960, converted from existing building space. The entire block was demolished 1997 and replaced by the Fox Tower. This view is looking southwest at SW Broadway and Yamhill.