W Burnside & NW 9th, 1927

There’s been a Firestone shop on the north side of W Burnside between Park and 9th for decades. Although this building is gone, Firestone tires are still sold out of a smaller store and parking lot on the site. The Benson Garage sign partially visible on the far left is a still visible ghost sign on the neighboring building.

(City of Portland Archives)

4 thoughts on “W Burnside & NW 9th, 1927

  1. Shops like this one thrived back in those days, as most tires were worn out in less than 10,000 miles. Batteries didn’t last very long either. A lot of service went into owning a car from that era.

Comments are closed.