The 1881 Ladd Block, on the northwest corner of SW 1st and Columbia, survived until 1965 when it was demolished almost overnight and replaced with a paved parking lot. When the Benjamin Franklin Plaza building (now Umpqua Bank Plaza) was built across SW 1st Avenue, some of the cast-iron pieces from the Ladd Block were installed on the 19th floor.
Zoom in and note the very cool wolf heads along the cornice. The Architectural Heritage Center has one in its collection.
Same perspective, in April 2014:
no consederation for history and beauty