SW 6th & Salmon, 1936

Except for the Ambassador Apartment Building in the distant center, it’s hard to identify this as Portland. A half-block parking lot now covers the ground on our immediate right, while the Gus J. Solomon United States Courthouse is just out of view beyond that. Everything on the left is replaced by shiny high-rises.

(City of Portland Archives)