Long before it became the AIA Portland headquarters, long before it was the S.K. Josefsberg Gallery, it was Mallory’s Stables on the corner of NW 11th and Flanders. The building dates to about 1880 but W.L. Mallory ran his stables here in the early 20th century; this photo was taken in 1917. All the surrounding buildings in the photo are gone.