This image shows the completed fill at Overlook Park near N Interstate Ave. and Beech St. The photograph was taken April 4, 1935. The city acquired the property for the park in 1930. For more information on Overlook Park, click here.
The Swan Island ship yard dry dock area was dedicated by Mark O. Hatfield, the governor of Oregon at the time.
This photograph, from February 18, 1941, shows SE Belmont St. at SE 7th Ave. after the widening was completed. Signs for Pacific Machinery & Tool Co., Mann’s Tire Shop, and 619 Café are visible. This image was taken facing west.
These men are digging trenches for sewer repairs on SE 48th Avenue, between Sherman and Lincoln streets. The photo, taken in 1932, is facing north towards Lincoln.
In this photograph of the Barde Dock, you see a crane used during the construction of the Front Avenue sewer (this project brought us the Harbor Wall). This image is looking north. Several businesses, including the Zidell-Steinberg Company, Butzer’s Seed Store, and W. P. Fuller & Company, are visible in the background.