Next week there will be a slight change to the appearance of the Vintage Portland website. The information and frequency of the posts will stay the same. However, the site will be presented in a clearer format. Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns about the changes.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
According to the 1930 Polk Directory, P&G Pure Food Store was located at 26 Shaver Street, which became 1324 N Shaver Street after the street renumbering in 1933.
Everyone is invited to join us for the Fourth Oregon Archives Crawl this October 18th, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., in celebration of Oregon Archives Month. Travel between the Portland Archives and Records Center (PARC), the Multnomah County Central Library and the Oregon Historical Society. At each location there are a variety of activities to choose from so you might want to start early!
At PARC, get a behind the scenes look at a sample of the many collections found in the City’s archives; listen to speakers discuss fascinating archival resources; and meet the archivists who manage some of the most exciting historical collections in Oregon. Several archives and heritage organizations will be represented at PARC, including Oregon Health & Science University Historical Collection & Archives, Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center, Willamette University Archives, Oregon Jewish Museum, Lewis & Clark College Archives & Special Collections, Oregon Black Pioneers, Pacific University Archives, Portland State University Special Collections & University Archives, Portland State University Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Archives and OSU’s Oregon Multicultural Archives and Oregon Hops & Brewing Archives.
This photograph was captured at Nu Food Products kitchen located at 5757 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Here we have an interior view of the work area with four workers. The date of this image is circa 1931.
The number man is standing close to the Harbor Wall near Davis St., with the Steel Bridge in the background to the north. The structures on the left side of the image are on Front Ave.