This wonderful little brick building stood in the shadow of the Portland Gas Co. tank at the southwest corner of NW Front and Glisan Street in 1930. The 1908-09 Sanborn map labels it “Meter Rm. & Laboratory.”
Archive for the ‘Rail’ Category
We saw the Zeta Psi building (background) being demolished in a previous post. Further plans were afoot another block north on NW Front Street and our Number Man was on the scene to document the southwest corner at Everett Street.
This home at 180 SW Lowell Ave at one time sat adjacent to the Southern Pacific Railroad right-of-way, seen here on the left. The right-of-way was acquired by the state highway department in the early 1930s and Barbur Blvd. laid on its path. This home may have been demolished for construction of the highway.
(City of Portland Archives)