It’s been many years since Portland has seen a curbside gas pump like this one. Haugen Motor Service and Red Crown Gasoline have also been gone for years but it appears this building is still on the northeast corner of NE Union and Schuyler Street, as is the house behind it to the right.
Archive for the ‘Union Avenue’ Category
The building with this odd configuration is long gone from NE Union Avenue between San Rafael and Tillamook Streets. The section to the left looks like a duplex or rooming house, while Mr. Elliott may have been running his sharpening business from the front of his home on the right.
Dr. Ella K. Dearborn turned her “well known Union Avenue residence” into the Gladsheim Sanitarium in 1915, according to The Oregonian. 800 Union Avenue back in 1929 is now 3802 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and this building, with a highly modified facade, still stands between NE Beech and Failing Streets.