We’ve seen this view looking north on NE 82nd Avenue as it crosses Sandy back in 1928. This photo, taken from almost the exact same spot six years later, shows a much improved 82nd Avenue, but it looks like the paving ends a few blocks north, maybe at Prescott?
SE 82nd Avenue at Division Street was a bucolic two-lane road back in 1934. Just beyond the gas station is the long, low structure that housed the Mayfair Greens and Fairways golf center. Mayfair was not a full golf course but a driving range (with protective nets guarding 82nd Avenue) and putting greens that opened in 1932. The bottom photo looks south down 82nd.
NE 82nd Avenue was little more than a rutted, single-lane path north of Sandy Blvd in 1928. A nice brick confectionery shop on the northeast corner and new construction on the northwest corner signaled future growth for the area. The patchwork paving on Sandy probably shows the dividing line between city property on the left and county property on the right.
We might as well finish this intersection since we’ve looked at two other corners this week and this one in 2010. Today we’re looking from west-to-east on SE Powell Blvd. at 82nd Avenue.
Yesterday’s discussion raised the possibility that the Anderson’s Food Market building still stands. This photo, taken on the same day (if the Meadow-Land delivery truck is any indication) shows the same intersection looking west. Anderson’s is definitely on the northwest corner, roughly where the KFC/A&W sits today.